Man found shot to death in car in Tuskegee | Crime
TUSKEGEE, AL (WSFA) - Christopher Banks was only 25 years old. Banks died on Althea Street in Tuskegee, shot twice in his car early Thursday morning around 12:30.
Friends spent much of Thursday consoling Banks' fiance Gracie Ferrell.
"I'm in a daze. I can't cry anymore," said Ferrell.
Ferrell says she and Banks had planned to get married. Both had a child together. Ferrell tells WSFA 12 News she last saw Banks just before she went to bed Wednesday night and he didn't seem troubled.
"I just woke up and noticed he wasn't beside me and the next thing I knew his aunt knocked on the door and said Chris was dead," said Ferrell.
For the moment we don't know why this happened. Tuskegee police have turned over the investigation to the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.
Today, several local and state investigators walked up and down Althea Street looking for clues.
It's unclear why Tuskegee homicide investigators have asked ABI to take over the case, but what is clear is a mother has lost a son.
"Chris was a quiet boy," Angela Blackmon said before being overcome with emotion.
So far there've been no arrest in the case.
Although Tuskegee police have remained quiet about the murder, it is not unusual for smaller police departments to ask for help in solving a major crime.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Tuskegee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids