Man wanted on drug charges in Auburn turns self in to Macon County authorities | Crime
On Friday, December 7, 2012 Auburn Police Division narcotics officers, along with agents from the Alabama Beverage Control Board and deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, executed a search warrant at a residence located in the 500 block of Webster Road in Auburn. During the search officers seized six ounces of powder cocaine, eight grams of crack cocaine, three grams of marijuana, and over 300 pills of Lortab, Xanax, and Oxycodone. A handgun and two vehicles were also seized. Derek D. Moore, age 34, resides at the address but was not home at the time. He later turned himself in to officers in Macon County. Moore was arrested on warrants from Macon County charging him with two counts of Distribution of a Controlled Substance (cocaine) and Trafficking (cocaine). He was transported to the Macon County jail where he is currently being held.
Information Source: Auburn PD
Top Tuskegee Stories
Upcoming Events near Tuskegee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- More than 250 rural road and bridge projects scheduled under new Bentley program
- The 2013 Chunnenuggee Fair is tomorrow!
- Bullock County's unemployment rate for March
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- New hope seen to resurrect Hotel Talisi
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra members teach workshop at Tallassee’s Southside Middle School
- Tallassee middle school students 'visited by history'
- Tallassee middle school students brighten day for nursing home residents
- Bond set for Tallassee man accused of sexually abusing 8 kids