Suspect arrested in 2010 cold case murder | Crime
SHORTER, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama Bureau of Investigation says a man is now in custody charged with robbery and murder relating to a September 2010 cold case.
Authorities arrested 55-year-old Haywood Floyd on Saturday for the September 3, 2010 murder of Shorter resident Richard Carr.
Carr was found shot to death in the front yard of his home on Macon County Road 13.
Friends who knew Carr called him a kind soul, and couldn't understand why anyone would have targeted him.
"There's not necessarily a whole lot of good people left in the world. I don't know why you'd take out another one," said Dub Morris, who grew up with Carr.
Authorities later determined the motive for the crime was robbery.
Haywood has been charged with one count of robbery first degree and one count of murder - he is currently being held at the Macon County Jail.
The ABI asks anyone with additional information on this case to contact them at 334-242-1142 or call the ABI tip line at 1-800-392-8011.
Upcoming Events near Tuskegee
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Court documents: Fmr. Tallassee asst. police chief stole handgun
- Elmore Co. DA forced to drop 100 counts against alleged child predator
- Former Tallassee asst. chief accused of evidence tampering, intimidation
- Grizzell enters 'not guilty' plea in baby death case
- 2 Tallassee H.S. band members to march in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade