AWF Outdoor Classroom EXPO & Workshop registration is now open | Environment
Alabama Wildlife Federation's Outdoor Classroom EXPO is set for October 11-12 at the AWF headquarters in Millbrook.
The AWF Outdoor Classroom Expo provides activity ideas, learning station project plans, and resources to help educators use and sustain Outdoor Classroom for hands-on, minds-on learning opportunities.
Expo Sessions will begin at 10 a.m. on Thursday and end at lunchtime on Friday with four concurrent sessions held throughout each day.
There will be more than 20 Different Sessions including:
- Bring Literature Alive in the Outdoors
- Turn Your Students into Nature Explorers
- Look for Critters on a Herp Habitat Walk
- Explore Bog Habitat Activities
- Build a Hands-Made Weather Station
- Create a Hypertufa Container
- and more
The Keynote speakers are Paulette Haywood Ogard & Sara Bright, authors of Butterflies of Alabama .
For registration information and details, click here.
Source: Alabama Wildlife Federation
Top Tuskegee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- National Tae Kwon Do champion from Tallassee
- Authorities kill "nuisance" gator on Rifle Range Road
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallassee City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallapoosa County schools
- 3 suspects in Tallassee child sex abuse case have first court hearing