SIDS ruled as newborn's cause of death | News
TUSKEGEE, AL (WSFA) - The Tuskegee Police Department has initiated a death investigation after a 1-month-old boy was reported dead - preliminary autopsy results state the child died of natural causes.
Authorities were dispatched to a home on Howard Road around 5:30 this morning. A 1-month-old baby boy was found dead. Police later identified the child as 1-month-old Eric Canady.
Investigators interviewed the parents, but wanted to wait for the results of a preliminary autopsy to determine the child's cause of death.
The autopsy results, which were released shortly after 5 p.m., list the child's cause of death as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Top Tuskegee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Bullock County Schools
- Fmr. Union Springs officer pleads guilty to theft, ethics violation
- Students who vandalized Bullock Co. High School will be allowed to walk at graduation
- Fmr. Union Springs police officer charged with theft while on duty
- Eggs, chickens and cooking oil used to vandalize Bullock Co. High School
- AL divided up into 5 new Medicaid recipient regions
- Ken Hare In Depth: Answers on ASU legal fees still leave public in dark
- Media given sneak peek at new Park Crossing High School
- Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum offers dad free admission on Father's Day
- Pike Road moves on after MPS vote
- National Tae Kwon Do champion from Tallassee
- Authorities kill "nuisance" gator on Rifle Range Road
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallassee City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Tallapoosa County schools
- 3 suspects in Tallassee child sex abuse case have first court hearing