SIDS ruled as newborn's cause of death | News
TUSKEGEE, AL (WSFA) - The Tuskegee Police Department has initiated a death investigation after a 1-month-old boy was reported dead - preliminary autopsy results state the child died of natural causes.
Authorities were dispatched to a home on Howard Road around 5:30 this morning. A 1-month-old baby boy was found dead. Police later identified the child as 1-month-old Eric Canady.
Investigators interviewed the parents, but wanted to wait for the results of a preliminary autopsy to determine the child's cause of death.
The autopsy results, which were released shortly after 5 p.m., list the child's cause of death as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Top Tuskegee Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Search shifts to recovery mission after man swept away in Tallapoosa River
- Tallassee sexual abuse case remains at 8 victims
- Victim count could rise to 10 in Tallassee child sex abuse case
- Montgomery's Child Protect reacts to horrific Tallassee sex abuse case
- Police say 3-month-old baby among those sexually abused by Tallassee man